The 26th Biennial Conference of the Concrete Institute Technical Committee invites the submission of abstracts for original work for consideration as an oral presentation in the Concrete 2013 program to be held atthe Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre, Queensland, Australia from 16-18 October 2013.
Abstracts are invited on the general theme of “Understanding Concrete”. Papers presented at the Conference will be organised around the 12 themes listed below.
Themes for Submission
Authors must indicate suitable conference topics for the submitted abstract by selecting two of the following themes (in order of preference):
|E||Structural monitoring, assessment and forensic engineering|
|F||Repair and retrofitting|
|L||Major projects/Case studies|
|15 July 2012||Call for Abstracts Open|
|15 December 2012||Call for Abstracts Close|
|15 February 2013||Author Abstract Notification|
|1 May 2013||Full Paper Submission Deadline|
|15 July 2013||Comments on Full Papers and Final Author Notification|
|14 August 2013||Author Registration Deadline|
Summary of Abstract Submission Instructions
Please read through the submission instructions listed below before preparing your abstract:
- Step 1: Read the General Policies and Requirements for the submission of abstracts.
- Step 2: Write your abstract following the Abstract Format & Layout Guidelines.
- Step 3: Download the Abstract Template and insert/add your abstract text. Save as a .doc document to your computer. Please note: Abstracts must not exceed a 250 word limit. The word limit relates only to the text of the abstract and does not include title, authors and institutions.
- Step 4: Click here to complete the Abstract Submission Form. It will be necessary to attach/upload the .doc copy of your abstract.
- NOTE: Please print a copy of the abstract submission form for your records prior to clicking ‘upload’.
Notification of Acceptance
Notifications of acceptance will be sent via e-mail to the submitting author by 15 February 2013. Abstracts submitted for oral presentations that cannot be accommodated within the program will be considered and reviewed for a place in the Poster display.
Accepted abstracts will be published in the Conference proceedings. The Conference Managers will not be held responsible for abstract submissions not received via the website or for submission errors caused by internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages or unforeseen events.